Monday, January 31, 2011

Latest Addition to the Family.....

   
    Try as I may to control my aquiring "new" ukes,eventually one comes my way that I bid on,& win!
This one will need to go to the shop before I play it-an unlabeled all mahogany Harmony uke. Just gorgeous with the trademark plastic fingerboard and tuning pegs. It has 4 cracks in it which I've been heavily tempted to repair myself-I've been wanting to learn how to do minor repairs on ukes anyhow,but am leery as it is made of such nice wood-bigger than you standard soprano,too. Has a wonderfully thin neck-I notice many of the modern day ukes have chunky ones.  Seems to be made more heavy duty,as it were. The pic you see above was taken the day it arrived-I've since cleaned it up and have been humidifying it to plump up the wood before having the heat cracks repaired. And as I'm one of those key of D players I want to make sure she'll hold up to the higher tuning.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment